Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

The Use of Organic Acids in Swine Nutrition, with Special Focus on Dietary Potassium Diformate

Published: May 28, 2013
Summary
Watch Christian Lückstädt´s video at Avesui 2013   ...
Related topics
Authors:
Christian Lückstädt
ADDCON
Follow
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Zdzislaw Mroz
6 de junio de 2013
Hello Christian, I am Prof. dr Zdzislaw Mroz - a retired scientist from the Wageningen University - Animal Sciences Group in Lelystad. As a pioneer of international research with your excellent product - Formi (thanks to dr M. Overland from Norway), as well as with many other organic acids or salts in pig diets for replacing in feed-antibiotics and growth promoters I congratulate you for your excellent scientific contribution to the meeting in Brazil. I am very impressed with your hectic work - the multifactorial analysis from 648 experiments to document the effects of potassium diformate. I assume that my work has also been included. I wish your company Addcon all the best with further successful commercializing Formi worldwide. With friendly greetings. Prof. dr Zdzislaw Mroz
Christian Lückstädt
ADDCON
6 de junio de 2013
Dear Prof. Mroz, thank you for your comment! And thank you for your valuable contributions to the topic over the years! The holo-analysis on organic acids as such, including the data on potassium diformate (KDF) was published by Prof. Rosen from the UK in 2008. By that time 658 publications on the use of organic acids in pig production had been available for the study, including 59 studies with KDF - and there your data as well as the one from Margareth Overland were involved too. They certainly helped in gaining the status "first non-antibiotic growth promotor in pig feed" for KDF in the EU, back in 2001. ADDCON, with the original production site of KDF in Porsgrunn, is involved in producting the potassium double-salt of formic acid since 2006, and is been marketing the additive world-wide since 2008. It would be good to remain in contact in the future.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister