Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

The pathogenic intestinal spirochaete Brachyspira pilosicoli forms a diverse recombinant species demonstrating some local clustering of related strains and potential for zoonotic spread

Published: May 12, 2017
Summary
Introduction The genus Brachyspira includes seven officially named and several unofficially named species of anaerobic spirochaetes that colonize the large intestine of mammals and birds [1]. The three most commonly reported pathogenic species are Brachyspira hyodysenteriae, the agent of swine dysentery, Brachyspira intermedia, a pathogen mainly of adult chickens, and Brachyspira pilos...
Related topics
Authors:
David John Hampson
Murdoch University
Recommend
Comment
Kb Bohara
19 de septiembre de 2019

In my professional life, Avian spirochaetosis has been one of the major challenges for poultry Breeder flocks under intensive poultry breeding practice. I am still depending on clinical diagnosis without isolation and identification for treatment and control. Use of appropriate antibiotic very artistically designed treatment plan is only effective tool available and used successfully till today which is a very expensive method.
I am delighted by reading this article and I want to extend my sincere gratitude and appreciation to professor David John Hampson for his dedication and trying to research out a better cost-effective method to bring Intestinal spirochaetosis under control.
I wish grand success in his ongoing research programs on this multi-host important ailment and really waiting for a better tool to control this economically important disease of Avian hosts.
This is a quality of information and l love to read.
Thanks a lot.

ailment

Recommend
Profile picture
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.