Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Joaquin Paulino discusses feeding of piglets and pork production during Covid-19 crisis

Published: May 11, 2020
Summary
In this interview, Paulino commented on some of the topics covered in his recent presentation "Ultimate advances in the feeding of piglets" and offered advice on production during the COVID-19 crisis. 1. Can you talk about the importance of weaning weight in piglets and what an ideal weight would be? Wean at 3 weeks on average (18 - 23 days) with an acceptable weight of 6.5 kg. She...
Related topics
Authors:
Joaquin Armando Paulino Paniagua
Universidad ISA (Instituto Superior de Agricultura)
Recommend
Comment
Derek Halland
Derek Halland
8 de junio de 2020
Thanks for this. You say that it is necessary to provide more amino acids than recommended. What would be your ideal amino acid profile?
Recommend
Joaquin Armando Paulino Paniagua
Universidad ISA (Instituto Superior de Agricultura)
10 de junio de 2020

I recommend this ideal profile developed by the University of Kansas and I increase it according to the challenge of the farm and the proportion of piglets delayed.

Recommend
david lim
21 de junio de 2020

What is the recommended ratio of Histidine to Lysine?

Recommend
david lim
21 de junio de 2020

Also, can I use dried coconut rind (coconut testa) to replace coconut oil for weaner pigs?

Recommend
Profile picture
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.