Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

High Feed Cost in poultry industry

Forum: High Feed Cost. Practicle Ways of Reduction

Published: June 1, 2013
By: Paul Walker Thompson

If I understand things correctly, high feed cost is the single biggest issue faced by hog producers around the world today. Increased human population, and increased human consumption of grain, along with regional droughts have brought about this dilemma. Is it possible that we could share ideas on how to cheapen our feed costs? I invite your comments on your experiences!

I look forward to hearing from you!

Paul Walker Thompson

Authors:
Paul Walker Thompson
Recommend
Comment
Brian Vendelboe
3 de junio de 2013

Paul.

I believe that we will win a lot if we could learn to use another feed components.
I also believe that each contry could learn something from each other. I was in Iowa last year, and I could see that my client was using expensive components, to compare with danish farmers, but the biggest problem is that farmers are letting others making the feed recepci, what farmers need to do is letting private consultant make the feed recepci, and the best is to invite consultant to the farm and let the consultant make a total overlook on the farm.

Recommend
Paul Walker Thompson
3 de junio de 2013
Dear Brian Vendelboe, You made some very good comments. I especially like the idea of different countries learning from each other. If a private consultant is the best way to meet a farmers needs, then that is great. We have to have the farmers best interest in mind. If the farmer can't make a profit, in the end we all loose. PWT
Recommend
Profile picture
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.