Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Economic and Market Analysis of Swine Rearing and Pork Production in Ghana

Published: March 21, 2015
Summary
1. Introduction Livestock represent a form of cash security of the livelihood strategies of many poor and disadvantaged rural and peri-urban communities in Ghana [1-3]. For farmers, livestock play a central role in their socio-economic and cultural identity and are a source of food, employment, food security and also assets for store or trade [4, 5]. Table 1 shows the current shortfalls, deman...
Related topics
Authors:
Kwamina Banson
Follow
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Eslon Chama
24 de marzo de 2015
This a very fantastic article. Thank you.
isaacnkrumah
29 de octubre de 2020
Could you please confirm / reaffirm the stats that states pork is the highest consumed meat in Ghana? I am starting a piggery in kumasi in a few months and want more accurate information. In all, this is a great scholarly work, and I commend you for the indepth and thorough information. I'm planning to incorporate indeginous microbial organisms (IMO) among others: organic greens, charcoal, saw dust etc as my base flooring to control pen smell. I would love to meet when I land in Ghana and experiment this idea. Thank you.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister