Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix
Evonik Animal Nutrition
Content sponsored by:
Evonik Animal Nutrition

CreAMINO® supplementation improves growth performance and lean meat yield of pigs

Published: August 22, 2018
Summary
Note: Creamino® is no longer distributed through Evonik. Since July 2020, Evonik is selling its own product GuanAMINO® to the market. Please contact us directly or get in touch with your local Evonik representative for more information or purchase Conclusion Results of this study showed that the supplementation of CreAMINO® at 0.12% significantly improved the growth perform...
Related topics:
Authors:
Dr. Meike Rademacher
Balachandar Jayaraman
Evonik Animal Nutrition
Recommend
Comment
Steffen Hansen
PIG.dk
11 de septiembre de 2018

Interesting results. However, I wonder why the first feeding phase covered the interval 7-18kg? IMHO this interval makes no sense as it is way too long.
In the materials and methods, I would also appreciate if you mentioned which breed you used. Duroc is more a generic term as there is big variation in leanness of the Durocs depending on which breeding company they originate from.
In addition to the above you do not describe how lean meat is measured? The lean meat content of the pigs included in this study is very low but the way it is measured can, of course, have an effect on the results.

Recommend
Balachandar Jayaraman
Evonik Animal Nutrition
13 de septiembre de 2018
Steffen Hansen Dear Steffen, Thanks for your comments. If you need further details, please also see the publication in Journal of Animal Science J. Anim. Sci. 2018.96:2332–2341. doi: 10.1093/jas/sky137 My response for the comments. 1. Breed used in the study: (Duroc x [Landrace x Yorkshire]) 2. I wonder why the first feeding phase covered the interval 7-18kg? IMHO this interval makes no sense as it is way too long. Response: Currently, This is the feeding phase followed in Vietnam. Hence, we followed the protocol which simulates industry standards. 3. Lean meat content – measurement: - Lean meat content (%) = Lean meat weight/carcass weight * 100 - Dressing carcass = live weight - weight (Blood + hair + organs) - The Dressing percent = dressing carcass / live weight * 100 Please let us know if any further questions. Thanks again. Regards, Bala
Recommend
Profile picture
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.