Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Understanding Mycotoxins

Published: March 27, 2015
Summary
Mycotoxins are a large group of toxins produced by moulds and they can be very toxic for animals, plants and humans. To date we know of approximately 300 different mycotoxins and data from the UN has shown that mycotoxins are present in more than 30% of the cereals produced worldwide. The challenge with mycotoxicosis is that it is very difficult for the producer to clearly diagnose. Ho...
Related topics
Authors:
Elizabeth Santin
Universidade Federal do Paraná - UFPR
Follow
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Emmanuel Nwaotule
30 de marzo de 2015
Mycotoxicosis is a worldwide problem, and its effect on livestock production is highly devastating causing huge economic loses to both livestock production and the livestock farmer.Since all the ingredients that are used for feed production must attain certain moisture level, this process allows for fungi infestation of these ingredients either on the fields or in the storage bins, given rise to toxin production. The only preventive measure is to add broad-based mycotoxin binders to the feeds during production in order to reduce the incidences of mycotoxicosis in livestock production.
kolsoomniknejad
4 de abril de 2015
hello Mrs santin.I'm going to research a bout of Identification toxin binders and seperating methods mycotoxin in poultry industry for my dissertation.I want found more and more about this.if possible , please providing to me more information.(niknejad_k@yahoo.com) thank's a lot.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister