Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Physical strategies to manage mycotoxin contamination

Published: March 29, 2022
As various mycotoxin decontamination and detoxification strategies are available, is it possible to manage mycotoxin contamination by resorting to a physical or thermic treatment? Answered by Dr. Vito D’ Ascanio
Related topics
Authors:
Vito D’Ascanio
Institute of Sciences of Food Production ISPA
Influencers who recommended :
Damien P. Prévéraud
Recommend
Comment
Ram Singh
8 de julio de 2022
Good message to manage mycotoxicosis. I would like to state that I have developed two Mycotoxin binders for poultry after a decade's long research: Mycodetox B1 and Mycodetox B2. Both the binders were tested in Chickens, Quails, Turkeys and Ducks for their efficacy to ameliorate mycotoxicosis. Both the binders completely ameliorated the ill effects of mycotoxicosis in Chickens, Quails, Turkeys and Ducks; and were equally efficaceous in ameliorating mycotoxicosis in all these four species. The term Mycodetox was coined by me as Mycodetox B1 and Mycodetox B2 are having the properties of alleviating ill effects of twelve mycotoxins detected in one or another poultry feed. B denotes the surname of the scientist (Bibyan) who formulated these products; and 1 and 2 indicate the number of products i.e. Mycodetox B1 and Mycodetox B2. Dr. Ram Singh Bibyan
Recommend
George Entz
11 de julio de 2022
Ram Singh, What are your thoughts on Clay based, Yeast based Toxin Binders, which is better in Corn,wheat,soymeal, canola meal diets? What role does seaweed play, I have seen that being used more in combinations with yeasts?
Recommend
Ram Singh
12 de julio de 2022
Dear George Entz, a combination of several ingredients is always better. Only thing is that we have to see the proportion of each ingredients. After a decade's intensive research efforts in poultry, I have developed two mycotoxin binders namely Mycodetox B1 and Mycodetox B2. Both the binders alleviated the adverse effects of 12 mycotoxins in chickens, quails, turkeys and ducks with equal efficacy. Now, I am focussing my research on ruminant mycotoxicosis. I am working on how to reduce mycotoxins transmission from feed to milk. Dr Ram Singh Bibyan
Recommend
George Entz
12 de julio de 2022
Ram Singh, Glad to hear from you, also nice to know that you actually look at the ingredients used and inclusion in the diet. Have seen too many times that claims were made that certain products can bind certain toxins, problem is there not present in the feed. ex:Clay based products to bind alfatoxins, problem is alfatoxins are almost never detected in western Canada. Keep up the good work!
Recommend
Shirin farsad
14 de julio de 2022
Hi .Dear professor . I enjoy it
Recommend
Shirin farsad
14 de julio de 2022
Hi .Dear professor . I had learn about biological manner for toxin binder in poultry. I will happy that learn it physical methods for mycotoxin binder .thanks a lot
Recommend
A R Hari Rao
HERALDS TRADING PVT LTD
20 de agosto de 2022
Are the products established and if in which count
Recommend
Profile picture
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.