Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Occurrence of Mycotoxins in Feed Samples from Asia

Published: April 9, 2007
Summary
The last report on the occurrence of mycotoxin was published in 2006 (1), generated immense interest among the feed industry. In the current analysis, the occurrence of various mycotoxins in feed samples was found to be: aflatoxin total; 16%, deoxynivalenol; 48%, fumonisin B1; 46%, ochratoxin A; 24% and zearalenone; 38%. The general outlook was similar to that reported early on as depicted...
Related topics
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Lina Policarpio
Lina Policarpio
5 de junio de 2007
This study will be more helpful if the reporting of results is not just % positive and negative but rather quantitative.
Kurt Wegleitner
Kurt Wegleitner
6 de junio de 2007
Well - the study reveals min, max and average values. I think this is as detailed as you can go in a summary of 800 samples. If you need more details, one would have to look into the raw data. Why don't you get in touch with Biomin in the Philippines? I am sure they can help you with more data.
DR SUSHANTTH  RAI, BELLIPADY
8 de junio de 2007
Mr Kurt, Good presentation. Dr Sushanth Rai Raisons Breeders Karnataka - India
Reader
Reader
9 de abril de 2008
Good survey, but what happen now that we know this? What are the solutions? Are there products in the market that can help my animals fight these mycotoxins?
Dr. Karki Kedar
12 de mayo de 2008
To solve the mycoses, mycotoxicosis by storage fungus it is now high time to practice the top dressing with toxin binder to prepared feed or use of liquid toxinbinder may minimize the casualty. Dr. Kedar Karki
Carl Lee
Carl Lee
10 de julio de 2008
Good presentation. I concern more about the cost of detection the toxins. It is too expensive in field about $70 per single sample. If only we low the cost, the harm brought by mycotoxins may be effectively decreased. Quicking Biotech Carl Lee
Dr.Iftikhar Ahmad Mashhadi
29 de agosto de 2008
A good survey by Mr. Tan on the occurence of mycotoxin in feed and raw materials which is a burning problem all over the world but the study depicts the qualitative % picture of +Ve and -ve. It is the need to investigate the tolerable limits of individual mycotoxin for different poultry classes. When we analyse the mycotoxin either on TLC, HPLC or ELISA, the toxin levels crosses the FDA approved levels but at the same time the birds are attaining weight and best FCR. Keeping in view the said survey there is a need to develop a quick and economical method of mycotoxin analysis on the spot rather than the expensive Kit Methods. Overall it is a best approach exposing the current status of mycotoxin presence in the raw materials being offered to our animals and birds. I appreciate Mr. Tan for this achievement.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister