Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Mycotoxins in the human food chain

Mycotoxins in the human food chain: what risks for the consumer?

Published: December 20, 2006
Summary
Introduction Mycotoxins are highly undesired substances that should not be present in food and for which a zero tolerance is ideal. However, even the best agricultural, storage and processing practices cannot completely avoid or eliminate these contaminants, and thus it is impossible to achieve a truly mycotoxin-free food chain. Despite low consumer awareness of the problem, health risk related...
Related topics
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
HA DUONG THI THANH
Minh Dang Trading and Servicing Company
21 de diciembre de 2006
It is very interesting subject for my company business particularly and for Vietnam situation Hot issue in this subject. From where we may have the Food savety rules and standard specification in order to be applying in Vietnam? Please advice.Thank you. Duong thi thanh Ha
Terrilee
Terrilee
13 de abril de 2007
This article is extremely informative and interesting! I would not have been able to understand it as well though, had I not been watching Know The Cause on Dish Network Health Channel, with host: Doug Kaufmann. He is the main reason I know about mycotoxins. I have forever changed my eating habits!! Thank you from myself and my family. Terrilee McCann
Rochmiyati Setiarsih
Rochmiyati Setiarsih
24 de marzo de 2008
This article is very useful to elevate awareness of mycotoxin threat in human health.
Dr.kedar Karki
Dr.kedar Karki
11 de mayo de 2008
This article is very useful to upgrade awareness of mycotoxin threat in human health.
Sheila Sanchez
Sheila Sanchez
12 de noviembre de 2008
This is a helpful article, especially for those of us working in the food industry. It increases our awareness of the hazardous effects of mycotoxins, not only for the food animals, but also for the consumers as well. Thanks so much for sharing this! Sheila
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister