Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

mycotoxin standards

Forum: Mycotoxin Standards worldwide

Published: May 17, 2011
By: Anubhuti Bajpai

Hello I wish to discuss the research and the testing on which the mycotoxin standards have been based in the USA and the EU. There are many documents relating to what these standards are, but there is hardly any as to what have they been laid upon. If you can give me your suggestion as to how and where can I get access to these, it would be great help!

Related topics
Authors:
Anubhuti Bajpai
Follow
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Raul Felman
17 de mayo de 2011

The standards for mycotoxins have been issued by the GIPSA in USA and the EU comitee for Mycotoxins, Canada has issued their own, as well as Latin America through AFIA. The reality is that standards do not apply to field situations and therefore, I recommend that you follow your own needs based on your field experience.
Regards,
Raul Felman
Thamavet LLC

Anubhuti Bajpai
17 de mayo de 2011

Hello

Thanking you for your suggestions about mycotoxin. I will mail the concerned authorities regarding the documents I require. I understand the suggestion you have given .But that should not be much of a concern at the moment as I am mainly concerned with the criterion these standards have been based upon while the actual framing of the regulations.

The research models adopted and testing performed for the same. If you have any recommendation to give regarding these, please feel free to do so.

Regards

Anu

Raul Felman
25 de mayo de 2011

I feel the standards for mycotoxin are placed on statistical work and field experience in each of the composed states in the USA and all the EU reporting cases. Standards are just adopted for internal purposes of grain acceptance by receivers and exporters. As you know ithe Tates we can reject a truck with 20 PPB of Aflatoxin, but in other Central and Asian countries, they need to accept what they get and blended with lower toxin grade coarse grain.
Sometimes, we find ourselves also that regulated standards are not for the toxins that most damage our chickens or pigs, but rather toxins that are more handful due to the local conditions.
This is my opinion and through more than 25 years in the field is a logic situation to find totally contrary situations from standards to field situations.
Regrds
Raul Felman

Paulo Fernandes
29 de junio de 2011

Where can I buy analytical standards of aflatoxin B1 and mycotoxin H T-2 in Portugal?

Dr.shahzad Naveed Jadoon
18 de junio de 2012

Good article about mycotoxin standards. What are the esay method to detect the M1 in milk and what are permissible level for developing countries?

Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister