Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Mycotoxins control in pigs

Calibrin®-Z Adsorbs Fumonisin

Published: November 8, 2011
Summary
Research conducted at SAMITEC Institute Introduction Fumonisin is a mycotoxin of concern to livestock, especially swine. High levels can adversely affect overall performance with specific negative impact to organs including the liver and lungs. In vivo evaluations are the best method to accurately assess the biological efficacy of mycotoxin binders. Therefore, th...
Related topics
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Lim Choo
Lim Choo
9 de diciembre de 2011

I am a consultant for several swine farmers and I find very interesting your study on fumonisin in pigs.
This trial was conducted by SAMITEC in Brazil which are the facilities where LAMIC conducts the In Vivo research studies for mycotoxin binders to obtain approval in Brazil based on the new government regulations.
A key requirement to obtain LAMIC approval is that the product been tested has to have statistical improvement on the organ(s) that the mycotoxin been tested affects and /or statistical improvement on biomarker of that mycotoxin.
If the product obtains improvement on the organ(s) then LAMIC is the one that issues the repot of the study done by SAMITEC indicating product is approved for the control of that specific mycotoxin.
LAMIC posts this approval in their web site and gives to each manufacturer of mycotoxin binder a password and a login so that users of mycotoxin binders can verified for which mycotoxin(s) the product has been approved for.
In the case of fumonisin the organs been affected are heart, lung, liver and the biomarker is sphingolipids in blood.
In this report issued by SAMITEC clearly shows that Calibrin Z was not able to protect the heart, lung and liver and there is no mention of improvement on the sphingolipids in blood.
Calibrin Z in its literature indicates that it has been approved in by LAMIC for the control of Zearalenone by protecting the reproductive organs.
Me and my costumers would like to verify that Calibrin Z has been approved by LAMIC for the control of Zearalenone and Fumonisin. Which is the password and log in for Amlan?

Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister