Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Efficacy of Ascorbic Acid and Butylated Hydroxylanisole in Amelioration of Aflatoxicosis in Broiler Chickens

Published: December 23, 2019
Summary
INTRODUCTION Many mycotoxins can cause serious health problems in poultry and their presence in feedstuffs may result in a serious economic losses. Aflatoxins belong to a group of mycotoxins produced as secondary metabolites by fungi of the Aspergillus genus, especially A. flavus, A. parasiticus and A. nomius (Kurtzman et al. 1987). Crops contaminated with aflatoxins are a worldwide problem a...
Related topics
Authors:
Ram Singh
Follow
Asitbaran Mandal
Follow
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Dr Valeriy Kryukov
12 de febrero de 2020
The effect of ascorbic acid on chickens fed with aflatoxin has no scientific explanation and is possibly accidental. In 1980-1983, I tested the action of butyloxytoluene, butyloxyanisole and sentoqin. Aflatoxin reduced broiler weight by about 10%, that is, up to 90% of the control. Additives of butyloxytoluene, butyloxyanisole and sentoqin weakened the effect of the toxin. The weight in the experimental groups increased to 98 -99% compared with the control. Acted more effectively with ethoxyquin. That is, from 10% of the action of the toxin, the additives were restored 8-9%. The mechanism of action of each additive is associated with the induction of cytochrome P-450. Its concentration in the liver increased by 2 -2.5 times. Cytochrome P-450 inactivates aflatoxin B1. Cytochrome P-450 measurements were performed and metabolites of aflatoxin B1 in vitro were determined. That is, the action of butyloxyanisole in your experiment is not random and is explained by the mechanism I studied. There are 2-3 such publications in world literature. Mine is in Russian and inaccessible to other scientists. Especially in the 80s, the Internet was not available. Wish you success. You are on the right way and only at the beginning. Study the involvement of cytochrome P-450 in the metabolism of mycotoxins. All works will be original. I no longer work in the laboratory. I am many years old. Sincerely, Prof. V.S. Kryukov
Ram Singh
13 de febrero de 2020
Thank you Prof. V.S. Kryukov for your valuable comment.
Ram Singh
13 de febrero de 2020
Ascorbic acid acts as per the mechanisms of anti-oxidant.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister