Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Why steam conditioning?

Published: April 3, 2007
Summary
Pellets cost money, and good pellets cost more money. Operators are constantly challenged for maximizing production while improving product quality. Feed formulation, particle size, die selection, cooling, etc. can help them meet this challenge, but controlling the conditioning system is a pre-requisite for the production of quality pellets and optimizing production. The conditioning process is...
Related topics
Authors:
Giuseppe Bigliani
Feed Technology Solutions
Follow
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
nima eila
nima eila
3 de abril de 2007
Another advantages of conditioning of feed includes: 1-preventing demixing of complete feed during convaying, tranportation, storage in bins. 2-decreasing the activity of majorities of antinutritives and harmful enzymes of feed ingredients. 3-enhancing pellet stability and decreasing feed waste inform of dust during transport and consumption.
Amir Attar
Javaneh khorasan
5 de abril de 2008
For a good conditioning we need to adjust space betweeen of paddle tip and body conditioner in specific period.
Dr.Iftikhar Ahmad Mashhadi
29 de agosto de 2008
The current article Why steam conditionning? by Giuseppe R. Bigliani possesses highly technical information for pellet machine operators. But there is a thirst left which further needs the information for addition of moisture (Quantity) in conditioning in summer when the stocks of cereals have undergone moisture shrinkage. At an ambiant temperature of 45 C to 48 C the maintenance of hydration upto 17-18 % is too much difficult. The author may suggest the steps to overcome the said problem in tropics.
Dr.P.George Kunju John
4 de septiembre de 2008
After developing Sugar syrup for animal feeds it is found that the the mash sprayed with sugar syrup at 70ºC coats the feed particles uniformally which soothens it to extrude through the pellet die holes faster. The solid to solid character of sugar creates hard pellets while cooling. The above process reduces the usage of steaming the mash for pelletisation. Dr. George Kunju John
Atik_Mulyawan
Atik_Mulyawan
23 de septiembre de 2008
Just a question: How to minimize the loss of our feed moisture in finish product with the improvement in our steaming? Thanks alot.
Phil Rowan
Rowan Food Engineering Lrd
3 de diciembre de 2008
I would be interested to hear comments on the effects of different steam presures have on the pre pelleting conditioning.
Uchechukwu Enyidi
19 de diciembre de 2008
Conditioning is necessary in feed production based on extrusion. It is also needful for pelletization. Conditioning blends and gelatinizes starch. Nevertheless the extent of conditioning efect on blending is also dependent on the extent of milling. Coarse particle may not be homogenous enough even under conditioning. Conditioning also serves to reduce microbes that could be sources o spoilage to the feed. However I would recommend hot and semi wet system vapour. The semi wet system is better from experience compared to the dry. This has to do actually actually with the type starch and binders utilized. Starch gelatinizes very well for aqua feed. Corn does too but a mixture of the two based on feed optimization could give a good blend. Conditioning produces homogenous mixtures this homogenisation serves as preamble for proper distribution of nutrients mixture. It also help in the extrusion through the die. However conditioning chamber should not be too hot so as to reduce denaturation of the proteins.
Mohammad Hosseini
20 de diciembre de 2008
The article Why steam conditioning? Very good. And just a question: How to minimize the loss of our feed moisture in finish product with the improvement in our steaming?
Mohammadreza Abdollahi
21 de diciembre de 2008
Regarding to effect of pressure on pre-pelleting conditioning: Steam pressure which can be used during conditioning is usually ranged between 20 psig=138 kPa (low pressure) to 80 psig=552 kPa (high pressure). According to some researches (Briggs et al., 1999 Maier and Briggs, 2000), steam pressure does not have a significant effect on feed quality in terms of pellet durability. The reason can be explained by small difference of the steam enthalpies at 20 and 80 psig. Enthalpy is the energy which is provided by steam to increase the feed temperature. The difference between the two pressures is less than 3 percent. So, it is better to run the conditioner at pressure between 20 and 80 psig, such as 40 psig. Using higher pressure rates is not economical due to wasting boiler energy.
Uchechukwu Enyidi
21 de diciembre de 2008
We do not really need much moisture in our finished products as feed. Moisture content of the finished products should be as low as possible. Most farmers using fish feed would prefer to buy feed with lowest moisture content. The moisture serves as avenues for microbes and microbial attacks on the feed. If the feed are to be stored you need to have them as dry as possible. However for feed that are frozen or fed immediately we could afford to have some moisture. Nevertheless proper conditioning at high temperature would ensure ease of loss of moisture. When the feed comes from the die under high pressure and temperature there is tendency to loose the moisture and quick dryness. This is also aided by passage of the feed through the drying chamber where they are subjected to dry air from a central blower. Resultant feed within minutes are vey dry depending on settings of the blower.
M.m.yaghobzadeh
9 de septiembre de 2011
Because steam power and influence of fast food and animal feed and poultry is the same target technology
Jordache
13 de marzo de 2012
hello, please help me to solve a big problem that i have at my factory pellet mill. in process of pelleting mill, at the inventory, rezult that are a lots lack of inventory. i dont have p[rocedures that specifing technological losses. i supose that are loss of moisture at the grinding grain process, cooling pellets, are losses at the grain transport and pellet transport. please help me if you have materials that establish procedures and studying the pellet mill process. Thanks and regards!!!!
Jordache
13 de marzo de 2012
i want to specify that this damage is not due to theft, because the factory is equipped with cameras surveillance. please help me to discover process problems. Jordache
Yashraj Sharma
18 de noviembre de 2018

I am making wood sawdust pellet, but I am not successful to make pellet, please suggest me how can I make 6 mm, pellet.

Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister