Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Trial Results Confirm Potential Benefits in Broilers Growth from Xylanase use alongside Phytase Superdosing 

Published: September 1, 2014
Summary
Trial results from a University of Berlin study have confirmed the benefits of combining phytase superdosing with a high-efficacy single-enzyme xylanase. Compared to phytase superdosing alone, the inclusion of the xylanase produced a significant additional 4% improvement in broiler bodyweight gain (BWG) over a 35 day period. The trial compared performance of a superdosing-optimise...
Related topics:
Authors:
Rebecca Marsland
AB Vista
Recommend
Comment
Dr.channegowda H K
2 de noviembre de 2014
I go with the results because wheat contain significant levels of pentosans which increase gut viscosity especially if it is fresh grain and added to young chicks. the enzyme xylanase added is appropriate for wheat-soy based diet. This may not be appropriate for corn-soy diet because Indian corn and soya known to contain very low levels of phytates and arbino-xylans (pentosans). corn-soy diet is the most common ration for broilers across Asian countries. Dr.channegowda DVM, MVSC, Consultant veterinary Nutritionist
Recommend
Dr. Muhammad Asif Naveed
5 de noviembre de 2014
These results are surely on high ME, what if these trials are conducted on low ME diets coupled with Corn soy based diets
Recommend
Profile picture
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.