Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

The whole-body fatty acid balance method: examples of its potential for feed efficiency and product quality optimisation in fish and poultry

Published: August 23, 2012
Summary
Summary Dietary lipids and fatty acids are not only fundamental in determining animal performance, but also determine the eating qualities of animal products. Several methods have been used to quantify fatty acid metabolism but most involve expensive in vitro approaches that are not suitable for most laboratories. Furthermore, there is considerable variation between methods with regard to enzy...
Related topics
Authors:
Dr David Francis
Australian Institute of Marine Science
Follow
G.M. Turchini
Deakin University
Follow
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Jonaed Ahmad Faisal
4 de septiembre de 2012

It´s a really nice article. I would like to know what are the major effects of omega 3 fatty acid containing feed in fish? What are the benefits of using omega 3? I hope you will make it clear to me.

Best Regards

Dr. Faisal
ACI LTD,
DHAKA-BANGLADESH

Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister