Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

The interaction between cereal quality and enzyme use in animal feed

Published: February 10, 2014
Summary
Introduction In recent years, the cost of energy for feed has increased, with increasing demand for cereals from the biofuels industries. It follows that there is currently pressure on feed manufacturers to maximise their efficiency of nutrient utilisation, particularly of energy but also phosphorous. The net result is that feed manufacturers are moved to consider use of feed additive enzymes...
Related topics
Authors:
H. V. Masey O’Neill
AB Vista
Follow
Mike Bedford
AB Vista
Follow
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Rafael Duran
IFF - International Flavors & Fragrances
17 de febrero de 2014
Interesting paper Helen, congratulations. I hope I understood what you explained, but just in case I´d like to ask: did you want to say that endo-xylanases would be more benefitial vs exo-xylanases because the smaller XA molecules produced by the latter, AXOS vs XOS, could be less benefitial or even detrimental to the animal. And, would you say the endo-xylanases are more effective reducing the viscosity in the gut than exo-xylanases?. Many thanks for prompt answer. Regards from Madrid, Rafa.
Muhammad Nadeem
26 de febrero de 2014
Dear Sir, I want to know how to increase milk in my cows what is the best feed for to boost the milking ?
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister