Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Targeted Feeding to Save Nutrients

Published: August 24, 2017
Summary
Introduction    There is increasing pressure at federal, state and local levels about nutrient waste and pollution relative to N, P, CH4 and CO2 discharges from the animal industry. Large animal operations have come under more intense scrutiny than small animal operations, with CAFO regulations being put in place.      This has put increasing pressure on producers a...
Related topics
Authors:
Charles Sniffen
Follow
Influencers who recommended :
Royce Samford
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Helen Ajayi
11 de octubre de 2017
Very informative article Sir. Pls can I get a PDF copy? I will appreciate that because I'm looking at the relevance to developing countries and our desire to increase production; and the need to protect our environment from excess nutrients. Thanks
Royce Samford
20 de septiembre de 2019

A typical Sniffen article--well written, concise and very usable! We all need to look at the overall efficiencies described in this article. A major shift in the thought process of the nutritionist has to be increasing financial return instead of working to get maximum production.

In reference to the note from Helen Ajayi, one of the major problems with animal production in the developing regions is the lack of alternatives in feedstuffs available and the ability of the producer to get reliable information on the efficient use of their limited resources. Too often the only criteria is "how much protein" when the main limitation is other nutrients.

Dave Albin
Insta-Pro International
22 de septiembre de 2019
Royce Samford Yes, amino acids in protein are important, but often protein and energy are misaligned due to the reasons you mention.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister