Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Starch gelatination in the conditioner and extruder

Published: December 11, 2009
By: Dr. John Sinclair
Good day, Which is the best way of determining the grade of starch gelatination during the conditioning? I’m aware that it’s done in an analytical lab, but is there another way (tables, organoleptic mechanism)? A colleague mentioned a temperature-based way, can someone enlighten me in this issue? Many thanks Dr. Sinclair
Related topics
Authors:
Dr. John Sinclair
Follow
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Wes Shadow
Wes Shadow
11 de diciembre de 2009
Dear Dr. Sinclair, We manufacture an instrument (the RVA) that measures the degree of gelatinization (also at times referred to as degree of cook) in various types of extrusion products.This instrument is widely used in the manufacture of extruded breakfast cereals, snackfoods, and feeds. If you would like more information, please let me know how best to contact you. I can send you some application notes and other technical information. Best Regards, Wes Shadow Perten Instruments
Mohammadreza Abdollahi
18 de diciembre de 2009
Dear Dr. John Sinclair, As you have mentioned it can be measured by enzymetical methods. to do so you can easily use a Megazyme Kit called Starch Damage kit. I have already used it amd got a reasonable results for measuring starch gelatinisation. good luck
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister