Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Recommendations on the use of DDGS in dairy cattle - Fernando Díaz

Published: June 11, 2018
Fernando Díaz (Rosecrans Dairy Consulting, LLC) talked about fat content in DDGS for dairy cattle, during the 22nd Annual Distillers Grains Symposium in Des Moines, Iowa.
Related topics
Authors:
Fernando Diaz, DVM, PhD
South Dakota State University
Follow
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
BARUN ROY
26 de septiembre de 2018
What is the maximum percentage of use of Rice DDGS in the concentrate mixture of dairy cattle?
Hazem Hassanien
26 de septiembre de 2018
DDGS can reduce milk fat test because polyunsaturated fatty acids and biohydrogenation it can be added by limiting factor it contains fat about 9- 10 % and the fat is not protected.
Gustavo Pourraid
27 de septiembre de 2018
As a Dairy consultant working in HOT environments, for me the DDGS is a basic complement for the formulation into a feeding plan, provide a high source of energy which is very positive specifically in recent calving cows conditions (first 30 days) and after until 100 days of lactation help to keep the BCS.Also can be use in closeup cows about 2 to 3% total formula in DM, about 7% in fresh first 30 days and up to 4 to 5% until 100 days in milking. Important point NOT all the DDGS processing are the same and need to take this factor into consideration
Hazem Hassanien
27 de septiembre de 2018
Gustavo Pourraid Mr. Gustavo i think you working dairy consultant in Pakistan Are you thinking of increasing DDGS above 10% from total ration increase milk fat test?
Mohamed Habib
29 de septiembre de 2018
Gustavo Pourraid nice boss
Gustavo Pourraid
27 de septiembre de 2018
Mr Hazen DDGS is an interesting tool to solve the fast energy required in HOT environments and avoid decrease of the BCS of the cows. I do not use above 10% of the total ration I use (according the cases and type of DDGS) up to 7% of the total DM of the formula which is not the same. Fat test in the milk is more linked with rumination process type of forage, size,% of forage, subclinical acidosis, etc., but of course also the quality of the DDGS, I will advice to search in the different type of DDGS. At the same time; tropical conditions are not the same as sub-tropical or desert condition which influence the final result of the feeding process.
Hazem Hassanien
27 de septiembre de 2018
Gustavo Pourraid Great. Mr Gustavo where you are located?
Gustavo Pourraid
27 de septiembre de 2018
Hazem Hassanien Dear Sir a Pleasure to meet you I live closer to 5 years in Egypt, my family and I love your country some times I travel to Egypt for consultancy, the best way you can contact me is trough my email as pourraid@yahoo.com Take care best regards Gustavo
Hazem Hassanien
27 de septiembre de 2018
Gustavo Pourraid Mr Gustavo i have heard all good about you in egypt. I think you worked in arabia company for milk and meat production located in ismailia desert road. Is that correct? I am very happy to contact and learn more dairy nutrition from you. Do you mind to give me chance to discuss with you about some nutrition issues regarding dairy nutrition. Do you using WhatsApp?
Sekhin Alexej
4 de octubre de 2018

Yes, the topic of using DDGS is interesting. I have developed several DDGS-based supplements for dairy cows.

Dr Muhammad Ramzan
17 de febrero de 2020
5-7% usage is the best.
Gustavo Pourraid
28 de julio de 2020
Maybe is interesting to add to this topic the importance of the selection the good quality and the appropriate DDGS into the formulations of the dairy cows in hot environment. An consider to use the DDGS from yellow corn which is the best in the research, and in the practice, as well when arrive at 10% of Fat in the DDGS and take into consideration when make the formula included about 55% of forage to keep a high percent of rumination (not less then 60% of the cows) this is to avoid the reduction of the Fat into the milk. Some time keep this percent of forage into the formula is difficult in hot conditions because the lignification of the hay or the forage in general, except when make a very good hay, alfalfa haylage and corn silo.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister