Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

New Peanut Crushing Plant Start-Up!

Published: March 22, 2018
Summary
Anderson International Corp, inventor of the Expeller® press and continuous press process for over 125 years over the world, recently has finished a successful Peanut Crushing Plant in the United States. Anderson International designed, commissioned, and trained all operators on this 100 metric ton per day peanut processing facility in southern Georgia. The plant is now u...
Related topics
Authors:
Eric Stibora
Anderson International Corp
Amanda Cresanto
Enrique Diaz
Recommend
Comment
Dr. Md. Robiul Islam (dvm)
26 de marzo de 2018

I think it's good news for me. I just want to know if it's appropriate that peanuts residue contains 46% protein. Can it be used instead of soymeal in the feed?

Recommend
Amanda Cresanto
26 de marzo de 2018
Dr. Md. Robiul Islam (dvm) Thank you for the question. It most certainly could be used as a protein source for feed in place of soymeal, but what you have to watch for is the presence of aflatoxins that can be found in the meal.
Recommend
Dr. Md. Robiul Islam (dvm)
26 de marzo de 2018
Amanda Cresanto Please check aflatoxin.
Recommend
Amanda Cresanto
26 de marzo de 2018
Dr. Md. Robiul Islam (dvm) I am not sure what you mean by check Aflatoxin. This is something that could be present, but then could also be not present, it is found in the peanut itself before it goes through processing, and remains in the meal. In order to find out if your meal has a presence of Aflatoxins you would need to run laboratory analysis, and then that would confirm how much, if any are present in your meal.
Recommend
Dave Albin
Insta-Pro International
26 de marzo de 2018
Dr. Md. Robiul Islam (dvm) , peanut meal is very low in lysine compared to soy meals. Growth performance will be hindered if not balanced for lysine, and potentially other amino acids as well. So, value accordingly... And, as Amanda points out, you have to continually test new batches of peanuts and meal for aflatoxin - it's not a constant level.
Recommend
Profile picture
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.