Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Growth Performance of Beetal Goat Kids on Dreid Sugar Beetpulp Based Concentrate

Published: December 19, 2013
Summary
INTRODUCTION Livestock plays an important role in the economy of Pakistan. It accounts for about 37% of the agriculture GDP and about 9% of the total GDP. This sector earned over 9% of the overall export in 1998-99(Economic Survey, 2000). Pakistan like other developing countries in Asia is densely populated. The present growth in population indicates that the magnitude of imbalance between th...
Authors:
Hassan Khan
Recommend
Comment
Hafiz Wasi Muhammad Khan
23 de diciembre de 2013
As the population pressure is growing we have to face two scenarios 1.Land for crops production will b shrinking 2. demand for protene will b increasing to ensure food security for growing population...therefore such trials are timely to use agro by products which must be econonmical ,sustainable and replacing the other traditional sources. Khan sb and his team deserves congratulations however it was further better if would have added economical benefits in terms of Rupees to give better understanding the farmers
Recommend
Hassan Khan
24 de diciembre de 2013
Thank you sir for the encouraging remarks and would annex the economical analysis very soon.
Recommend
M Subhan Qureshi
Livestock Management Department
24 de diciembre de 2013
Congrats Hassan. This area is really exploitable and the Dairy Science Park 2013 focused on developing enterprising capacity of livestock and poultry farmers of Pak-Afghan Region through partnership of academia, government, entrepreneurs, exporters & civil society with special focus on meat production targeted at International Halal Food Market. The northern Pakistan has got the potential of supporting the livelihood of the people through introducing good practices into the sheep, goats and poultry farming. Adopting management strategies like this one would definitely reduce the production cost, improve the products quality and farm income. We have proposed involvement of more and more graduates into livestock production, health and marketing entrepreneurs. The Prime Minister's Youth Loaning scheme is being considered through joint efforts with SMEDA and KPCCI and the University of Agriculture Peshawar.
Recommend
Hassan Khan
26 de diciembre de 2013
Thank you sir and some investors must be shown this possibility that low priced concentrate feed can be made available if the sugar cane industry in KPK is taken on board. Your efforts to enhance animal productivity in Pakistan & specially in KPK are commendable.
Recommend
Dr Neelesh Sharma
31 de diciembre de 2013
Dear Author Here I would like to react and ask to authors that why do you submit the same manuscript to more than one places at the same time? The same manuscript has been submitted to the Journal of Animal Research on 15 sept. 2013 for the publication (Corresponding email : hassan269@gmail.com). The aforesaid manuscript was ready to publish in the december-2013 issue. But here authors have published the same manuscript (with same title)without any information to Journal of Animal Research editorial office. Anyway now we are going to withdraw the said manuscript from JAR. Personally I feels that this is not good for scientific community. Because sometimes such type of issue may create serious problem in the scientific community. Editor-In-Chief, JAR
Recommend
M Subhan Qureshi
Livestock Management Department
31 de diciembre de 2013
Dear Dr Sharma, This is not a scientific publication; but a popular site and any material published here may not be considered a duplication. In my opinion any article published in a scientific journal may be published at this site for benefit of the larger audience from the academics, industry and the civil society.
Recommend
Hassan Khan
1 de enero de 2014
@ Dear Dr.Neelesh Sharma, I think the explanation by my respected teacher Dr.Subhan Qureshi is enough and hope to keep in touch with you for some other article in the future. Thank you Dear sir for depending my case.
Recommend
Profile picture
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.