Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Alternative ingredients to reduce feed costs

Forum: What are the best alternative ingredients to reduce feed costs?

Published: April 21, 2011
By: Joaquin Armando Paulino

At this time, the full fat soybean meal, DDGS, Sorghum, Broken Rice and phytase are excellent choices.The use of cheap ingredients and byproducts in animal feed formulation is a need due to high cost of ingredients in the international market.

Related topics:
Authors:
Joaquin Armando Paulino Paniagua
Universidad ISA (Instituto Superior de Agricultura)
Recommend
Comment
Prambudi
3 de mayo de 2011
Some Ingredient can reduce feed cost like corn DDGS , Cassava meal, Copra Meal and Palm Kernel Meal especially in South East Asia, But we have to concern with ANF and some NSP content in the Ingredient. So the best way if we also use some Feed Enzyme like Phytase and NSP Enzyme (Beta mannanase, Xilanase and Glucanase etc)
Recommend
gnanamani
Kemin Industries, Inc
4 de mayo de 2011

Dear Prambudi

Can you pls put your idea that whether, the same type of raw material can be used for formulation of Aqua feeds (Fish & Shrimp)! since they are applying extruded method. If you have any cheap formula for the aqua feed formulation, will you pls give the detailed ingredient formula.

Regards
T.Gnanamani

Recommend
Ediwarman
Jambi Freshwater Aquaculture Development Center
24 de mayo de 2011
I am very interested in this topic. A few years ago and until now we are still trying to find alternative feed ingredients, there is a good one maggot is produced by bioconversion of palm kernel meal. Maggot good for freshwater fish such as catfish, tilapia, Channa micropeltes, etc. but I have not tried it for marine fish. I use a maggot of black soldier fly larvae (Hermetia illuscens), not the maggot of Musca domestica or Calliphora sp. Trims Ediwaman Jambi Freshwater Aquaculture Development Centre
Recommend
Profile picture
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.