Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Potassium Diformate in tilapia nutrition

Utilization of acidifiers in tilapia nutrition and feeding

Published: June 16, 2011
Summary
A short review on the use of potassium-diformate Routine use of antibiotics as growth promoters is a matter of debate in the animal farming industry. The use of low levels of these antibiotics in animal feeds possesses the possibility to transfer bacterial immunity to species pathogenic in animals and humans (Liem 2004). The EU has banned all antibiotic growth promoters (AGP) fr...
Related topics
Authors:
Christian Lückstädt
ADDCON
Follow
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Akinwale Emmanuel
Aquapro Agro Industry
25 de julio de 2011
This is good eye opener but i would like to know the effect on tropical catfish. If i can get in nigeria i will to use it on commercial catfish. Would you tell me how to get aquaforms in nigeria?
Christian Lückstädt
ADDCON
1 de agosto de 2011

Dear Mr. Emmanuel,
effects on tropical catfish will not differ significantly form the effects achieved in tilapia. All those fish have a monogastric digestive system and have therefore a similar digestion. Current studies in Asian catfish (Pangasius) in Vietnam showed strong effects of potassium diformate on weight gain as well on improved FCR and survival rates, thus showing an overall improved fish productivity under commercial circumstances. As of now we are also testing the product in African catfish. Let us know your contact details and we can send you an update once that trial has been finished.

Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister