Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Production of grain feeds

Global feed supply and demand

Published: September 12, 2011
Summary
Summary As governments around the world have mandated the use of corn, sorghum, wheat, soybean oil and rapeseed oil to produce biofuel, the prices of these commodities have become correlated with the price of petroleum. Use of biofuel limits dependence on imported petroleum and also reduces emissions of greenhouse gases as these fuels are renewable. Meanwhile, the overall demand for these crop...
Related topics:
Authors:
Robert Swick
University of New England
Recommend
Comment
Arshaq Ramzee
13 de septiembre de 2011

Great and very informative article about global feed supply and demand. Poultry production segment of human feed is the fastest growing business in the world and also most popular as it require less finance than any other livestock production segment,its return is also very quick. If productions is growing, then to feed all the animals, we also need material to manufacture feed. This put tremendous pressure on the current global supply of feed material. Author paint the current picture correctly to help policy makers to make advance plans for the demands of the feed industry.

Recommend
Zahid M Rasool
5 de octubre de 2011

Hi Bob
Interesting article about global feed supply and demand.
Thanks for this contribution to the animal feed industry.

Thanks bob

Zahid

Recommend
Jordache
7 de noviembre de 2011

i want to produce a category of biological feed for poultry industry, and not only. I want to use cereals, soy bean, sunflower meal, wheat germ, Soy protein flour, and vegetable oil. without additives. To have stock in line "just in time". Of couse this will pe pelletized feed, for poultry production. From your great experience in nutrition, do you think is possible? please help me with yours knowledge.

This for my opinion is possible to broiller feed supply, grower and finisher, becouse of risc of coccidiosis. on broiler starter it seems to be more risky, Existing biological anticoccidiosis substances?

Recommend
Jordache
7 de noviembre de 2011
Do you know anything about use of guar meal/ korma in Europe: is it imported from someone?
Recommend
Analia Göttig
Engormix
7 de noviembre de 2011
Dear Jordache, You can find good info about Guar Korma in this forum Guar Korma Good luck!
Recommend
Profile picture
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.