Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

animal feed and processing method

Improved animal performance through feed processing technology (Part 1)

Published: June 8, 2007
Summary
It is well recognized that feed represents the most significant cost of animal production. Even with sheep, which typically consume more forage (as a percentage of their diet) than do other domestic species, feed may represent 55% or more of total production costs. For poultry at least 70% of the production costs estimates are feed costs. In today’s industry, few producers or nutritionists would...
Related topics:
Recommend
Comment
Nozar Farvardin
Nozar Farvardin
9 de junio de 2007
Dear Dr. Hinner Kster, Thanks a lot for your publication; its very useful and I appreciate it. Also as you have written in your text, feed cost with the maximum availbe performance in the comercial flocks is the most important point that the farmers and nutritionists interested in it. For the lower cost and maximum performance many trial by looking to many elements performed all around the world and their results are available to everyone who wants to elevated their knowledge in this field. Do you know zeolites? Do you know Clinoptilolite? This natural mineral is one of the suitable and beneficial material that we can add to animal feed with excepted to decrease its cost and increase the animal performance like poultry, calves, beef, cattle, fish and in common all commercial animals. I will be able to tell you more about zeolites and its beneficials. Please if you are interested, do not hesitate to contact me. For the last point, please excuse me for my little knowledge in English language. Best Regards, Dr Nozar Farvardin
Recommend
Prashant Kotwal
Prashant Kotwal
11 de julio de 2008
Dear Dr. Hinner Koster, I agree with the base of your article - feeding is a vital element in improved productivity of cows. But as you say - well recognised manufactured feed my question is: McDonalds is a well recognised, probably the most or one of the most popular brands of the world. Is it good for children as well as adults to eat at McDonalds or is it better to eat home-made food? I believe and feel that a farmer loves (and if not should love) his cattle and treat them like children. Will anyone allow their children to eat a MANUFACTURED FOOD everyday or will the parents prefer to feed the children on home-made food? I totally agree about the composition of the feed that we offer to the cattle (in various ages and stages) is important as it directly has an impact on the animal productivity (milk or meat and claving) and also animal health. Please explain if manufactured feed is of a really good quality as opposed to home-made feed with the help of nutritionists advice and vets advice? If you do not mind please e-mail me. Regards, Prashant Kotwal
Recommend
Profile picture
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.