Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Extrusion of Texturized Proteins

Published: October 21, 2013
Summary
Raw Materials Traditionally the most popular raw material for production of textured vegetable proteins in an extrusion system has been slightly toasted defatted soy flour. This defatted soy flour usually meets the following characteristics: 50% protein minimum, 3.5% fiber maximum, 1.5% fat maximum and PDI of 60 to 70. Soy flour with these specifications allows controllable production of tex...
Related topics
Authors:
Galen Rokey
Wenger Manufacturing INC.
Follow
Joseph P. Kearns
Wenger Manufacturing INC.
Follow
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Ahmad Zahedi
BEHPAK INDUSTRIAL
4 de agosto de 2020

Dear Joseph
This is my pleasure to contact you.
In Behpak Industrial Company located in north of Iran (very closed to Caspian Sea), there are six single screw extruder machine that had been made by WENGER in year 1991.
Regards.
Zahedi

Fernando Prioletta
29 de julio de 2021
Ahmad Zahedi Dear Zahedi. Can I get in touch with you ? My email is fernandoprio@yahoo.com Also look me up on LinkedIn or even Facebook eventually. Thank you.
Poonam Gill
15 de mayo de 2023

Dear Joseph and Zahedi,
I am working on textured soy proteins in Pakistan. Can I contact you in this regard?
Thank you!

Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister