Trends in greenhouse gas emissions from dairy cattle in Mexico between 1970 and 2010

Published on: 07/18/2017
Author/s : J. A. Rendón-Huerta 1; J. M. Pinos-Rodríguez 2; J. C. García-López 2; L. G. Yáñez-Estrada 3 and E. Kebreab 4. / 1 Programa Multidisciplinario de Posgrado en Ciencias Ambientales, Universidad Autónoma de San Luis Potosí (UASLP), San Luis Potosí, Mexico; 2 Instituto de Investigación de Zonas Desérticas, UASLP, San Luis Potosí, Mexico; 3 Departamento de Toxicología Ambiental, Facultad de Medicina, UASLP, San Luis Potosí, Mexico; 4 Department of Animal Science, University of California, Davis CA, USA.

remove_red_eye 323 forum 3 bar_chart Statistics share print
Share :
close
Alfredo J. Escribano Alfredo J. Escribano
PhD in Animal Production
July 18, 2017
Dear colleagues,

Thanks for the interesting update.

I will be giving a presentation on Sustainable Nutrition for Milk and Meat in Colombia, next 12nd of September in the "Foro Internacional Ganadero": http://www.expoagrofuturo.com/es/actividades/academico/foro-internacional-ganadero.

I will discuss methane emissions from cattle and the role of fatty acids as abatement tool /strategy.

In case you attend, please let me know, I will be happy to see you there and discuss.
Joe Magadi Joe Magadi
Manager
July 18, 2017
Hi Alfredo,

Thanks for the invitation but sorry I will not be attending the conference. Wish you well in your delivery of the paper. I may request you send me a copy after the presentation.

My only comment would be, for nutritionists and farmers to reconsider production of high fat milk at the expense of cow health and fertility. It is all about energy balancing in support of cow productivity.
Drmuhammad Shafique Drmuhammad Shafique
Veterinary Doctor
July 19, 2017

Thanks for this innovative article.

print
(323)
(3)
Engormix reserves the right to delete and/or modify comments. See more details
Post a comment
Create new discussion :
If this discussion does not cover topics of interest or raises new questions, you can create another discussion.
Consult a professional in private:
If you have a specific problem you can perform a consultation privately to a professional in our community.
Dr. Steve Blezinger
Dr. Steve Blezinger
Nutrition and Management Consultant
  Sulphur Springs, Texas, United States
Professional Services
Jasmer Singh Jasmer Singh
Rocklin, California, United States
Dr. Christian Rippe DVM Dr. Christian Rippe DVM
Spring Hill, Florida, United States
Dr. Steve Blezinger Dr. Steve Blezinger
Sulphur Springs, Texas, United States
Jeff Weisel Jeff Weisel