Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Stress Management: Cow Comfort

Published: December 22, 2008
Summary
Cow comfort is becoming an often heard phrase in today's industry trade papers. It's a means to describe relationship between the well being of the cow and the housing systems. Cow comfort improvement focuses mainly on developments in stall design  to reduce diseases such as mastitis and lameness and boost milk production. However cow comfort issues can apply to other aspects of the hou...
Related topics
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Jeff Weisel
Chosen Acres Consulting, Inc.
22 de diciembre de 2008
I agree with the article except for the sand. We have seen a lot of success on dairies we work with when we get the sand out in different parts of the country, and get the parlor equipment and settings perfect.
Yusuf Ziya Cakir
21 de febrero de 2010
Animal welfare is one of the most important key issues in herd management. it is also increase productivity considerably because cows needs to lay down and ruminate average two third of a day for ideal productivity. material is not important if it provides animal enough comfort and hygien.
Krishan Agarwal
21 de enero de 2011
thank you forthe article as rightly said productivity,longevity and reproduction capacity all depends on how sensitive we are towards the comforts of animal.dairy farmers can benefit from better and comfortable housing for their cattle.
Drmuhammad Shafique
21 de enero de 2011
i agree with the article but distances walked in this animal loose much of her energy while she is walking resultantly milk production is decrease.
Dr.Durgesh Gupta
9 de febrero de 2011
Really a very informative article presented,mainly 3 criteria is important to judge the stress of cow or comfort/Uncomfort 1. Body Condition score 2. Locomotion score 3. Animal sign. Dr.Durgesh Gupta ABIS,India
Drmuhammad Shafique
10 de febrero de 2011
I agree with the article explained methods to control lameness in dairy cattle which is the most common hoof problem.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister