Selenium metabolism in animals: the relationship between dietary selenium form and physiological response

Published on: 07/07/2009
Author/s : KATE A. JACQUES - North American Biosciences Center, Alltech Inc.

The mineral complement of the animal and, to a large extent, the human diet is the fraction that historically we have made little attempt to supply in the form in which it occurs in natural mammalian foods. For the most part the strategy of using inorganic minerals, ie. oxides, sulfates and carbonates, has successfully provided the nutrients needed for growth and production of domestic livestock. ...

remove_red_eye 15674 forum 4 bar_chart Statistics share print
Share :
close
Tiurma Pasaribu Tiurma Pasaribu
Animal Nutritionist
July 26, 2012
I would like to thank you for your data, because I need it for my research about nano-selenium om chicken
December 3, 2018

Thank you so much for your article. I am interested in nano selenium containing feed supplement.
Good luck with your next research.

December 8, 2018
I could understand your question about the differentiation of dietary selenium form and physiological response in cows. To be in detail, Our understanding of the significance of selenium in the nutrition of human subjects has grown rapidly during the past 20 years. Demonstrations of its essentiality to rats and farm animals were followed by the appreciation that the development of selenium-responsive diseases often reflected the distribution of geochemical variables which restricted the entry of the element from soils into food chains. Such findings were the stimulus to in-depth investigations of the regional relevance of selenium in human nutrition. You can have a deep discussion about your query int Chapter.15 selenium.
December 12, 2018

I could understand your question about the differentiation of dietary selenium form and physiological response in cows. In detail: our understanding of the significance of selenium in the nutrition of human subjects has grown rapidly during the past 20 years. Demonstrations of its essentiality to rats and farm animals were followed by the appreciation that the development of selenium-responsive diseases often reflected the distribution of geochemical variables which restricted the entry of the element from soils into food chains. Such findings were the stimulus to in-depth investigations of the regional relevance of selenium in human nutrition.

print
(15674)
(4)
Would you like to discuss about this topic: Selenium metabolism in animals: the relationship between dietary selenium form and physiological response?
Engormix reserves the right to delete and/or modify comments. See more details
Post a comment
Create new discussion :
If this discussion does not cover topics of interest or raises new questions, you can create another discussion.
Consult a professional in private:
If you have a specific problem you can perform a consultation privately to a professional in our community.
Jeffrey Bewley
Jeffrey Bewley
PhD
  Elizabethtown, Kentucky, United States

| 
Copyright © 1999-2019 Engormix - All Rights Reserved