Selection of Dairy Bull

Published on: 01/01/2014
Author/s : Syed Hassan Raza, M. Riaz, U. Farooq and Karamat Ullah (Dept. Livestock Management, University of Agriculture, Faisalabad)

Dairy production is one of the most important components of livestock production in which bull with high genetic potential play a critical role to gain maximum production in the next generation. The evidences show that the sire and the dam contribute equally to the inheritance of the offspring, the sire has many more offspring than the dam and therefore his influence on the herd is more than that ...

remove_red_eye 1150 forum 8 bar_chart Statistics share print
Share :
close
Hassan Khan Hassan Khan
Mr. Hassan Khan
January 1, 2014
Great article to pursue, well done.
January 1, 2014
Thank you very much Sir
October 13, 2019
Syed Hassan I am Farmer in Uganda Africa I would like to learn Lot about dairy farming
Basit Minhas Basit Minhas
Dairy producer
January 3, 2014
Very informative
waqas ahmad waqas ahmad
MSc Hons Livestock Management
September 12, 2017
Respected Sir this was a very informative article for me, i am interested in to learn more on this topic from you
September 13, 2017
You are welcome always
October 13, 2019

My bull has long and large testacles but serves well is there an imminent problem that may happen in the future. Is there any correlation between long testacles with producing cows with big teats? And possibly good milk yield.

zaeem abbas zaeem abbas
DVM, M.Phil (Silver Medalist), PhD(USPCAS)
May 15, 2020
Respected sir syed hassan raza
Hope You will be fine and enjoying good health

This article is very informative and covers all aspects of the topic. No doubt you are great asset of dairy industry and University of Agriculture Faisalabad. we, your students, really respect you and appreciate your work.

Dr. M. Zaeem Abbas
DVM, M.Phil (Silver medalist)
PhD (USPCAS)
print
(1150)
(8)
Engormix reserves the right to delete and/or modify comments. See more details
Post a comment
Create new discussion :
If this discussion does not cover topics of interest or raises new questions, you can create another discussion.
Consult a professional in private:
If you have a specific problem you can perform a consultation privately to a professional in our community.
Dr. Steve Blezinger
Dr. Steve Blezinger
Nutrition and Management Consultant
  Sulphur Springs, Texas, United States

| 
Copyright © 1999-2020 Engormix - All Rights Reserved