Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Replacing Soybean Meal in Dairy Rations

Published: July 16, 2008
Summary
A call came in the other day about feed costs. This producer’s costs had increased like everyone else's, but he was wondering about substitutions for soybean meal in the lactating cow ration. The August crop report had just come out and the concern was that the low soybean yield estimate would cause protein prices to increase. Just the month before, he had experienced a big increase in animal prot...
Related topics
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Saikim Gimbang
17 de julio de 2008
Very infomative.
Dr Bodh Raj Baral
Dr Bodh Raj Baral
28 de julio de 2008
Dear Sir, I am very much benefited from the Dairy nutrition and management article. Now I am willing to get poultry nutrition articles as well. Regards, Dr Bodh Raj
Tomás Ferrari
14 de marzo de 2011
Dear Sir, ¿And what about Barley green sprouted in hydroponical solutions. Its very accesible today and a very good proteine source in fact? See Isabel Shipard, (Au). and Dr. Derek Cuddeford, 1989 (UK). and Dr Carlos Arano (ARG) in FAO manual. Regards.
Duygu Ekin
23 de marzo de 2011
Dear Ferrari, Could pleae give me more explanation or search address about "barley green sprouted"? I do not know this raw material. what is the dry matter, protein..etc. Thank you
Mengistu Russom Araya
13 de noviembre de 2014
I am doing my Ph.D. study on the evaluation of canola meal as a replacement for mustard seed cake in crossbred lactating cows. in India mustard cake is usually used mixed with soybean meal, which is proven to have high level of glucocinolates and euricic acid. In this regard I am doing my work to replace the mustard cake by canola meal and later to see whether canola meal will totally replace soybean meal.
Gurpreet Singh
3 de septiembre de 2018

Dear sir, 
Various sorts of foliage feed formulation with legumes and unfinished green fods for cows.

Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister