Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Precision livestock farming: how to take the next step

Published: September 28, 2022
Vinicius Chiappetta, Global Commercial Director for Livestock Nutrition and Farm Management at Cargill, talks about the concept of Precision Farming, its benefits, possible obstacles, and how can it be monitored efficiently. He will speak on this subject at the Animal AgTech Innovation Summit in Amsterdam on October 12th.
Related topics
Authors:
Vinicius Chiappetta
Cargill
Follow
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Sergio Monge Casasola
Famsun Group
30 de septiembre de 2022

In my opinion, environmental conditions are the first pillar to be measured, no animal will perform if the environmental conditions are not given. I´ve seen it, we can have the most advanced nutrition and feeding technologies, but without the environmental comfort of the animal, productivity will be compromised.
On the other hand, we need to start with education, for the farmer, for the industry, if the main actors understand the benefits of #PFL, ROI it´s in front of their eyes.
Internet connectivity is less of a challenge every day that passes, our experience in the field showed us that more and more connectivity options are available.

Esteban Cornejo
Actividades Veterinarias Ltda.
15 de diciembre de 2022

Sergio, why is it that these technologies still feel distant to Latin America?

Sergio Monge Casasola
Famsun Group
25 de mayo de 2023

Esteban Cornejo in my opinion, manage expectations from end users and the way all these #Precisionlivestock technologies are are been introduced to LATAM; most of the technologies out there are focused on just one specific factor, not looking a bigger picture; and of course education from us developers to end users.

Farmer Jan
28 de abril de 2023

What's important to me, is how to create a clean and hygienic barn for the cows, comfort them in a good mood, offer frequent feed intake, and timely detect their heat to ensure milk yield.

Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister