Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

It Is Possible to Reach Good Fertility of the Cows in the Summer

Published: September 2, 2016
Summary
Achieving high conception rate is one of the conditions for achieving efficient production of milk at farm level. For many years the Israeli dairy industry suffered, like other farms in warm areas, a significant decline in the ability to pregnant the cows during summer months, causing seasonality in milk production throughout the year, and hence, to a seasonality of milk supply to the industry an...
Related topics
Authors:
Israel Flamenbaum
Follow
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Hafiz Wasi Muhammad Khan
6 de septiembre de 2016
believable report i have been failing to get acceptable conception rate in summer for a longer period and then i avoided to waste my time in inseminating my cows in summer all together. later in discussion with like minded farmers facing the same issue decided to use this cooling method and surprisingly got almost the same results in pakistan as proved in this research
Sam Okantah
6 de septiembre de 2016
Our studies in Ghana showed that poor fertility in cows during the hot dry seasons was due to long postpartum anoestrous caused by poor nutrition of grazing cows. Supplementation with appropriate concentrates after calving broke the anoestrous and made it possible for cows to conceive within 90 days after calving.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister