Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Lactating Dairy Cows Fed Varying Levels of Total Mixed Ration and Pasture

Performance of Lactating Dairy Cows Fed Varying Levels of Total Mixed Ration and Pasture

Published: September 15, 2010
Summary
The effect of feeding an all-TMR diet v. an all pasture diet to dairy cows has been examined previously (Kolver & Muller, 1998 ; Tucker et al. 2001). Others have examined the merit of including supplemental concentrate to cows on pasture (White et al. 2002; Fontaneli et al. 2005) as well as some combination of TMR plus pasture (Soriano et al. 2001 ; Bargo et al. 2002). Our present study was d...
Related topics
Authors:
Dr. Vivek Fellner
North Carolina State University - NCSU
Follow
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Gobinath Shanmugasundram
28 de abril de 2014

Dear sir,

I am an animal nutritionist from India. In my area, farmers are using concentrates, roughage separately as feedstuff, whatever available at any quantity. By using their roughage I would like to formulate as total mixed ration as mash or blocks. Here the average milk yield is 10 liters per day. Kindly suggest the nutritional requirement and the tips to adopt the technology at my village and nearby farmers.

Thanks and regards, 
Dr Gobinath S

Subodh Kumar
5 de mayo de 2014
Dear sir, Green fodder is the most important feed component that brings about maximum increase in milk production immediately. Considering gradual loss f good pastures, the best alternative will be to go for Hydroponics Fodder. Authorities in Goa are reported to have installed Hydroponics fodder producing units and are very satisfied with the results.Hydroponics fodder also is very helpful in ensuring better health and fertility of the cows.
Sushil Chandra
6 de mayo de 2014
Dear Dr We have tried as under which works as on per day/animal basis of 10litre milk per day:_ 6.5 kg concentrate with Min 18% by-pass-protein,3.5% Fat, less than 10% Fiber,less than 2.5% SS 8-10 kg Green -chaffed 12-15 kg wheat paddy- chaffed Mix all above AS TMR give 4 times a day provide 24 hrs fresh running drinking water to animals. Regards
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister