Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Minimize heat stress to maximize milk production and quality

Published: January 24, 2018
Summary
Dealing effectively with heat stress in dairy herds is an essential management issue throughout the nation, but Southeastern dairy producers are forced to deal with extreme heat and humidity for prolonged periods. Heat stress decreases feed intake and milk production, decreases milk components including fat, lowers breeding success, and compromises the immune system, which increases the risk for ...
Related topics
Authors:
Amanda Elizabeth Stone
Mississippi State University
Follow
Influencers who recommended :
Hassan Khan
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Alnidawi Khazel
30 de enero de 2018
I would like to have some more information regarding Ration Adjustment .Thank you .Dr.Khazel . MA,MSc,Diploma ,Ph.D(.
Hassan Khan
31 de enero de 2018
very applied article and utmost needed to be implemented by farmers specially in hot and humid regions, Most of the farmers complain severe panting, less feed intake and decreased milk production and unsuccessful breeding in summer. to overcome the above mentioned one must take care of their cattle accordingly.
Israel Flamenbaum
31 de enero de 2018

Dear Dr. Amanda
Thanks for the publication. Unfortunately, this article, as many others published before, are very general and don't give exact instructions on when and how to do things. farmers reading this article do not know exactly, what are the cow's requirements for good cooling. The article is missing the most important things like wind speed required, wetting quality, time of cooling etc'.
I published a few months ago an article in this magazine (" Air, water time and cow -this is all you need to cool your cows"), I suggest Engormix to publish this article once again, as a service to these farmers

Dr. Israel Flamenbaum
www.cool-cows.com
Israel
Israel

Hassan Khan
31 de enero de 2018
Israel Flamenbaum it is of great service to the farmers living in this part of the world where substance and semi commercial farming is practised. your article was also of great importance for farmers in the developing countries like ours. However i would suggest to think of the poor farmers as well while commenting on such articles, may not be of any work at your end but still be the need of the others please.e.g one dies of hunger in sudan being a poor country and the other from a wealthy country like yours advises him/her to eat pizza...............hmnnnn
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister