Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Milk Urea Nitrogen Testing

Published: January 1, 2002
Summary
Milk urea nitrogen (MUN) analyses can be used as a signal, or "red flag", to point out potential problems in your feeding program. In particular, high MUN values reflect excessive dietary crude protein or low rumen degradable nonfiber carbohydrates (NFC). The NFC fraction, usually composed of starch and other sugars, can be low when insufficient grain is fed, or grain is improperly process...
Related topics
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Dr Naveen Kumar
4 de agosto de 2013
KINLDY SUGGEST FOR THE FOLLOWING POINTS. 1.WHEN SHOULD WE TAKE THE MILK SAMPLE AFTER FREEDING FOR GOODS ANALYSIS AND RESULTS FOR INDIVIDUAL ANIMALS. FOR EXAMPLE -A CATTLE FED AT 4.30 AM AND MILKED AT 6.30AM.IS IT OK TO TAKE THAT MILK SAMPLE FOR MUN. 2.TO PIN POINT THE FERTILITY PROBLEM ON A NEW FARM.HOW MANY MUN SAMPLE AND ON WHAT DAYS INTERWWAL (DAYS) SHOLD SAMPLE BE TAKEN BEFORE TAKING ANY DISICION TO CHANGE THE FEED.SUPPOSE 6 TIME AT 7 DAY INTEWAL /WEELY OR ANY OTHER SCHEDULE 3.IF THE VALUE OF MUN IS BELOW THE NORMAL RANGE.WHAT ARE THE FACTORS SHOULD WE LOOK FOR CHANGE?.KINLDY ENLIST SO THAT I GO CAN GO IN DETAIL FOR EVERY FACTOR
anasbeig
30 de noviembre de 2015
Hi Dr, Naveen .I need some help with the topic of MUN. As you seem to have been working on the topic , I would like to know which lab method are you using to estimate MUN. I could really use some help.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister