Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Managing heifer reproduction for improved first lactation

Published: December 8, 2015
Summary
How heifers are managed at first breeding (1st breeding) represents a significant economic opportunity on many dairies. DairyComp305 records from four free-stall Holstein dairies in the Central Valley of California show how first breeding selection criteria impact first lactation (1st lactation) and subsequent reproductive performance.   Our California Dairies 1, 2, 3, and 4 illustrate how...
Related topics
Authors:
Gavin Staley
Diamond V
Follow
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Rudra Desai
8 de diciembre de 2015
This can only be done with balanced feed management without hormones in just two months period rudra_dsi@rediffmail.com
Rudra Desai
8 de diciembre de 2015
if any dairy farm or business interested in getting products contact E-mail rudra_dsi@rediffmail.com and Mobile:+919886890980
Rajan Gupta
8 de diciembre de 2015
Dear Mr. Gavin, It's a very interesting topic and there is much to lern from it. Thanks for sharing it. Very recently I met Dr. Tilak Dhiman, of Diamond V from USA, in India and just today i have placed an order for the XPC to be used very first time in my farm. I have been using Yeasec and Actisef regularly, so let's see how the XPC performs at our place. By the way, i couldnt see all the graphs illustrated in your above report, would you be kind enough to send me this complete report along with the graphs in a mail to me at - gupta.k.rajan@gmail.com Thnaking you in advance, With Regards, Rajan Gupta
Patrick Spencer
PIC Genetics
11 de diciembre de 2015
Hello Gavin, interesting data with some good comparisons & with some large data sets. Just interested to know how you created the Survival graph of DOPN for Lact=1 (blue line) with Lact>1 (red line), how have you set that up in D Com 305? Also is there a command to show a sum by AAFC i.e. 23 months AAFC total milk produced in Lact 1? Thanks Patrick.
Kunal Mallick
31 de diciembre de 2015
Good for beginners
akrammarth
9 de enero de 2016
thanks for useful informations
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister