Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

How can I set goals for my late lactation cows

Published: December 14, 2009
By: Hassan
Dear Seniors please help me to set of breeding goal at my farm wirth late lactation cross bred cows
Related topics
Authors:
Hassan Subhani
Sweetwater International, Inc.
Recommend
Comment
Syed Hasan Raza
Syed Hasan Raza
18 de diciembre de 2009
Dear hassan Your question is not clear, if you could send me email on uafhasan@fsd.comsats.net.pk I might be able to answer you. Syed Hassan RAza
Recommend
Yusuf Ziya Cakir
13 de febrero de 2010
In late lactating cows you can not set breeding goals. You should set your breeding goals in early lactation period and your goals should be inseminate your cow in acceptable time period with a suitable sire which bears features of your ideal breeding cow
Recommend
Dr.S. Mathan Kumar
18 de mayo de 2010
Dear All, One can easily visualize the entire next lactation thru the late lactation cows as they should be transitioning themselves smoothly, If things bad even during late lactation interms of their nutrition- watch and assesss the BCS especially for this group frequently to avoid excessive body condition to effect feed cost. The key for success are proper cow grouping, allow for best transition during dry period to enter in the next vicious cycle of lactation. Thanks, Dr Mathan
Recommend
Hassan Subhani
Sweetwater International, Inc.
18 de mayo de 2010
Thank you Dr Mathan for your valubale comments
Recommend
Profile picture
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.