Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Water for Dairy Cattle

Forum: water to a dairy cattle

Published: October 14, 2012
By: Wangdi Dorji

Literature says that restriction in water intake by a lactating cow will lead to decrease in milk production so, please can you justify with appropriate backings and reasons..

Related topics
Authors:
Wangdi Dorji
Follow
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Asmat Khan Niazi
14 de octubre de 2012

Milk consist of 90 percent water so restriction in water intake decrease the milk production ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,it is simple bro

Dr Muhammad Ramzan
17 de octubre de 2012

Free access to potable water at appropriate temperature i.e around 51 f,with PH OF 6.5,TDS < 1000 and hardness of up to 200 PPM will definely attract cows to drink more. It affects to increase milk yield from 1-2 lits /cow. Water should be taken as an essential ingredient and shall be provided fresh, free of smell and taste. It definitely pays dividends. So good quantity and quality is the basic need. 

Asim Tausif
25 de febrero de 2013

Aoa dr.ramzan sb. I want to conduct some research on water quality and its effects on milk production in nili ravi buffaloes, can you send me some reviews about this?

Shrikar Gajanan Kharche
25 de febrero de 2013

Sir I am fully with your opinion, but how can we check hardness of water of up to 200 PPM as u said? and what this TDS < 1000 can u tell me?
I want to perform this with my cattle (cows).

Subodh Kumar
25 de febrero de 2013

I have tried to add water to the mangers and provide daily stall feed as a soup to the cows. This ensures that cows are never remain thirsty. Cows feed on such soup very easily and is good for milk production. Of course daily washing and cleaning of the mangers becomes necessary. What are the nutrition scientists comments on this practice?

Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister