Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

How do the Swiss produce the world’s best quality milk?

Published: February 25, 2009
Summary
Switzerland is known for high quality.  When we think of Swiss chocolate, watches, the Swiss Army knife or other items, we always think of quality.  The people of Switzerland seem to have a quality mind set in whatever they do.  Therefore, it should be no surprise to us that the Swiss have the world's highest quality milk.  Since 1992, the national average somatic cell count...
Related topics:
Recommend
Comment
Ralph Ginsberg
C.Y.C. Agricultural Technologies & Management Ltd
28 de febrero de 2009

I can never understand why processing plants in the USA will accept milk with a level of 750,000 SCCs and have not reduced the level to that accepted in most of Europe or New Zealand. Dr Reneau so correctly writes this milk is bad for shelf life and cheese production.
Although I agree with all that Dr Reneau has written but I believe that prevention is better than cure.
I strongly recommend that all cows be checked once a month on DHI, and cows with SCCs above 200,000 be cultured. A healthy herd is a herd below 200,000 SCCs on DHI and not a herd with diverted quarters.

Ralph Ginsberg
Milking Management Adviser
Israel Dairy Board – Udder Health and Milk Quality

Recommend
Megz Dawn
8 de mayo de 2013

How good it must be that the technology used in Switzerland will also be transferred to other countries specially those that have more cows but doesn't have the right method for milk processes. Who knows these countries might also be able or expand the said technologies to other country as well once they can fully understand how it works.

purchase soundcloud downloads

Recommend
Profile picture
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.