Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Feeding for Milk Components and Profit

Published: July 2, 2009
Summary
Nutrition of the dairy cow affects the yield and proportion of milk components. Through the diet, the mammary gland is supplied with blood components to synthesize milk. Non-nutritional factors such as heredity, days in milk, parity, infections, number of secretory cells, as well as temperature and humidity often overshadow nutritional effects. Proper feeding management of the dairy herd can impr...
Related topics
Recommend
Comment
Arshaq Ramzee
7 de julio de 2009

An excellent article and author should be praised to simplify very important aspects of nutrition to improve the milk yield. I wish if author can put some light or he may have included buffalo milk into his research.

Recommend
M Subhan Qureshi
Livestock Management Department
7 de julio de 2009

This is an excellent article reporting nutritional association with milk composition in dairy animals. We are working on similar lines looking for effect of feed types, body condition and age on milk composition in various dairy breeds (buffalo, cattle and goats) of local origin as well as those varying levels of exotic blood.

Recommend
Ganesh Kumar Dahal
Guybro Chemical
9 de julio de 2009

The article about milk yield is very enlightening.
Thanks !!

Recommend
Parminder Singh Chawla
10 de julio de 2009

This is very informative article about milk yield. The importance of dry matter is up most if we want to increase the protien or fat percentage. But in Indian conditions where fodder is limited and during monsoon season the moisture content of fodder is high, most of the animals are deprived of dry matter intake. This results is low yield of all the major components of the milk.

Recommend
Raghuvir Trifale
Exotic Biosolutions
15 de julio de 2009

Excellent article about milk yield. Special thanks to author.

Recommend
Dr. Intesar Yousf Turki
21 de mayo de 2011

Excellent article emphasized the importance of nutrition, association with milk yield componends and profit. We hope if author may extend the study to include the impact on dairy products, thanks to author.

Recommend
Hassan Khan
12 de septiembre de 2013
An excellent article highlighting the importance of feeding in enhancing the milk components and ultimately maximizing the farmer income.thank to the author and publisher.
Recommend
Zdravko Brglez
23 de septiembre de 2015
The question is, where milk production level of production is a real different latitudes of the globe. Every country got its own specific conditions for milk production should therefore nutritionists to find the optimal technology solutions for their production of milk
Recommend
Ella Marks
10 de octubre de 2015
Hi there! I am a student in the UK and I am completing a research project on dairy farming, particularly investigating the impacts of reproductive technology on increasing milk yield, in comparison to nutritional and environmental factors. I was wondering if you would be kind enough to complete a questionnaire I have generated to gather primary research: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/63C36VL Thank you!
Recommend
Profile picture
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.