Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Can plant extracts improve feed efficiency in ruminants? Current knowledge and outlooks

Published: July 15, 2014
Summary
Subsequent to this year’s distributors meeting for the Mediterranean area, Middle East and Africa in Barcelona, a technical seminar was organized by Pancosma dealing with the current knowledge and future prospects about the ruminant nutrition sector and the market perspectives with regards to the termination of the quota system in the EU in 2015. The Swiss feed additive manufacturer ...
Authors:
Jennifer Maurin
Nutreco
Follow
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Dr.muhammad Ilyas
20 de julio de 2014
Theoretically seems very beneficial for rumen health but what is the tangible percent achievement in terms of milk production due to the use of these plant extracts?
Jennifer Maurin
Nutreco
20 de julio de 2014
Dear Dr. Muhammad, Thank you for oyur interest. Pancosma always check the zootechnical performance of its products. We do not make only theory and we do publish ALL our works in full transparency. We are this week at the JAM ADSA meeting in US and we will release to the scientific community the outcomes of our research. In term of concrete results, we do observe: - increase in daily milk production, even in heat stress situation (Pancosma patent) - No dilution of the milk quality (no chaNge in proteins content) - Improvement of milk quality (reduction of urea content) - Improvement of FCM % (when capsicum in the formula) - Rumen stabilization by fractionnating feeding behaviour (less acidosis lesions) - Increase of water consumption If you are interested by more information, we can continue sharing information at my private email: Jennifer.maurin@pancosma.ch See you, my bets regards
Dr.muhammad Ilyas
21 de julio de 2014
DEAR JENNIFER, YOU HAVE SKIPPED MY TRUE QUESTION? I WANT TO KNOW WHAT %AGE ADDITION PANCOSMA EXTRACT CAN BRING ABOUT IN MILK PRODUCTION? 10% OR 20%?
Jennifer Maurin
Nutreco
21 de julio de 2014
Dear Dr. Muhammad I did not Skyped your question. To talk about % improvement is not clear and correct because it depends on the average milk production, environmental conditions, diet composition of your control groups. The potential increase of feed intake should be also considered. Then the real efficacy of an additive is evaluated thanks to the MILK to FEED ratio, this is the correct way to measure benefits. To give you an answer to your question : We have 2 formulas: - A first product (XTRACT Dairy) made of 2 actives which increases milk production by : + 3,5%, based on a Meta analysis of 15 trials with a total of 575 cows in mid lactation (mean DIM:135 days) - A 2nd product /XTRACT Ruminants) made of 3 actives which increases milk production by : 7% on high productive cows with average production of 40kg/day Is this answer better for you? My best regards
Mohammed Rafique Dayer
26 de julio de 2014
Thanking to you Jennifer Maurin Mohammed Rafique Form India anulwara@gmail.com Skype : goodukgn India
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister