Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Tilapia: Miracle Fish (Part 2)

Published: April 25, 2018
Summary
The article “Tilapia - Miracle Fish (Part 1)” explained that “Market opportunities for green growth and special quality tilapia produced using sustainable intensification technologies should be viewed as an opportunity rather than a liability.” These green growth initiatives have been followed up in this article, Tilapia - Miracle Fish (Part 2) - it features an in-depth vi...
Related topics
Authors:
Ramon Kourie
SustAqua Fish Farms Pty Ltd.
Recommend
Comment
Neil Stallard
25 de abril de 2018
Good Day Ramon Would you be able to share information with me regarding the "Work in South Africa on the development of pure breeds of the euryhaline species, Mozambique tilapia, raised in sea water in what is believed to be a project of strategic food security for the country is set to begin in 2018."? We have tons of naturally occurring O. mossambicus growing up with our Dusky Kob. You can email me, neil@zinifishfarms.co.za Regards Neil
Recommend
Daniel Malan
16 de mayo de 2018
Good Day RAMON I was under the impression that TILAPIA was regarded as a alien species in the WESTERN CAPE. please forgive my ignorance if I was wrong. We have a good water source and is totally insulated from any open water BERGRIVER nearest by +- 30 kms.As we are in the process of planning a large aquaponic indoor system I am very interested in adding TALAPIA Please advise me Thanks and best regards dsmalan@yahoo.com
Recommend
Profile picture
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.