Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

The use of algae in fish feeds as alternatives to fishmeal

Published: October 10, 2013
Summary
Fishmeal is very extensively used in feeds for fish as well as other animals. A recent global survey estimated aquaculture consumption of fishmeal at 3724 thousand tonnes in 2006 (Tacon and Metian 2008). Now it is becoming increasingly evident that such continued exploitation of this natural resource will ultimately become both environmentally and economically unsustainable. Any satisfactory alt...
Related topics
Authors:
Eric  C. Henry
Follow
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Iqbal Tunio
10 de febrero de 2014
obously unicellular green algae is easy to digetive to alternate of other chmical nutritions because in stage of larvae it is easly digestive. it is natural feed for fish larvae.
Md. Sohel Parvez
29 de marzo de 2014
Nice job !
Noemí Solar Bacho
24 de mayo de 2021
Good afternoon I am a marine biologist of chili and I work with edible algae, I would like to have a copy of their work related to the use of algae for food and when they come to chili they must warn me to take a tour all over the coast.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister