Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

The Rise of Biotechnology to Solve Aquaculture’s Greatest Challenges

Published: April 12, 2019
Summary
Aquaculture is the most efficient and fastest growing source of animal protein for humans but its continued sustainability is of grave concern. The continued reliance on fishmeal to support the growth of aquaculture is not an option anymore as many of the world’s fisheries are maximally exploited or in decline. Alternative protein sources to substitute for fishmeal have been developed, and ...
Related topics
Authors:
Larry Feinberg
knipbio
Follow
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Anthony Dadu
20 de mayo de 2020

This topic is very interesting kindly can you please elaborate more its process, before I discuss or put forward any comment I would like to understand what type of microbial biomass used to convert low cost feedstock.
Can you please mention examples of feedstocks used by this technology to produce aquaculture alternative feed?

Nguy?n Quy?t Tâm
2 de julio de 2020
Thank you for an interesting topic! Buy using solar energy and advance technology & equipment, our professional are producing microalage for a hatchery (sea fish fry, shrimp PL, feed mill) in gel, liquid, powder under GMP+ standard for a very cheap price. We are contributing efforts to make a more sustainable feed production. Our factory is in Cau Ngang district, Tra Vinh provice, Vietnam. Please contact me if you need further information.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister