Major Non Infectious Diseases in Catfishes and their preventive measures

Published on: 05/15/2017
Author/s : Mr. Prakash Chandra Behera

Aquaculture accompanies several disease problems caused by different microbial pathogens which are common evident in general culture practice. High stocking densities, over feeding and other organic loads stimulate the proliferation of pathogenic microorganisms. Bacteria, virus, fungus and protozoan parasites are the important microorganisms to cause diseases in fish culture. Disease outbreaks con...

(287)
(2)
Re: Major Non Infectious Diseases in Catfishes and their preventive measures
15/05/2017 | I am very well satisfied with your explanation and recommendations sir, I do hope if I apply it to my farm, I will be on a safer side
Paul Roberts
Biologist
Re: Major Non Infectious Diseases in Catfishes and their preventive measures
26/06/2017 | Many years ago we put Channel Catfish into a clear water earthen trout raceway. As the temperature was near the lower end of the growth temperature range we tried feeding them. They ate, but eventually had "sunburn" like patches on the dorsal area. Remembering that similar conditions occurred in trout were caused by BIOTIN deficiency. The next batch of feed was ordered with a double amount of the vitamin pack (they did not stock Biotin separately). This cured the problem with in a few weeks.
(287)
(2)
Would you like to discuss about this topic: Major Non Infectious Diseases in Catfishes and their preventive measures?
Engormix reserves the right to delete and/or modify comments. See more details

Comments that contain the following items won´t be published:

• Repeated spelling mistakes.
  • Advertisements, Web sites and/or e-mail addresses.
  • Questions or answers not relevant to the topic discussed in the Forum.
You need to be part of Engormix to post a comment on this discussion
Post a comment
Create new discussion :
If this discussion does not cover topics of interest or raises new questions, you can create another discussion.
Consult a professional in private:
If you have a specific problem you can perform a consultation privately to a professional in our community.
Gary J. Burtle
Gary J. Burtle
Associate Professor
  Tifton, Georgia, United States

| 
Copyright © 1999-2017 Engormix - All Rights Reserved