Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Growth performance of Nile Tilapia using probiotics

Effect of Dietary Supplementation of Biogen® (Commercial Probiotic) on Mono-sex Nile tilapia Oreochromis niloticus Under Different Stocking Densities

Published: July 12, 2011
Summary
Abstract: The present study was carried out to evaluate the effects of dietary supplementation of a commercial probiotic "Biogen ® " on growth performance, carcass composition, blood hematological and biochemical parameters, histometric examination of fish dorsal muscles and economic efficiency of mono-sex Nile tilapia Oreochromis niloticus under different stocking densities. Therefore,...
Related topics:
Authors:
Ahmed Ismail Mehrim
Mansoura University, Egypt
Recommend
Comment
Peyi Dengah
21 de marzo de 2013

Dear Mr. Mehrin,
I'm interested in your topic.
Would you or anyone help to let me know where to find Biogen in Indonesia?
Thank you.
Peyi Dengah

Recommend
Ahmed Ismail Mehrim
Mansoura University, Egypt
21 de marzo de 2013

Dear Peyi Dengah
Thanks for your kind words.
Biogen is a very good material specific to increase immune responces of fish and leading to increase its stocking density with good results.
The source of Biogen is Manufactured by China Way Corporation (1999), you can search about its site and adress to contact with it.
Biogen is a natural non- antibiotic feed supplement comprised of Allicin (aged garlic extract ) not less than 0.247 M mole / gm ,Bacillus subtilis nato ( 6 ? 107¬- cells / gm), high unit hydrolytic enzymes not less than 3690 units / g, (Amylotic, Lipolytic, prolytic and cell separating enzymes), germanium (Ginseng 41.98 ppm of Ge. element ) and organic selenium. It can enhance the metabolism and energy of fish body cells, raise the efficiency of feed utilization and balance the secretion of various secretary glands. Moreover, it increases the vitality of cells by supplying oxygen to whole body, improve the immune responses, helps to excrete heavy metals, inhibits aflatoxin and maintains the normal endocrine system.

Biogen has bactericidal effects and increases the palatability of feed, promote the secretion of digestive fluids and stimulates the appetite (China Way Corporation, 1999).

Recommend
Peyi Dengah
1 de abril de 2013

Dear Mr. Mehrin,
Thank you for your comprehensive information of Biogen probiotic.
But I've been using organic acid salt called Calcium Propionate in my diatery for nila tilapia.
My query is, is it possible to put in together Calcium Propionate and Biogen probiotic of diatery Nila Tilapia?
What is the effect? Positive or negative?
Regards

Recommend
Richard L. Lapuz
6 de septiembre de 2014
Can you help us how to purchase Biogen?
Recommend
Richard L. Lapuz
6 de septiembre de 2014
Why you didn't used Recirculating Culture System?
Recommend
Profile picture
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.