Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Effect of Fishmeal Substitution by Plant Protein Sources on Growth Performance and Body Composition of gilthead sea bream (Sparus aurata ) Fingerlings

Published: November 16, 2009
Summary
INTRODUCTION Gilthead sea bream production in Mediterranean countries  increased from 30 000 tons in 1996 to 90 000 tons in 2005,which mean that sale prices dropped considerably, from 6.6 € / kg in 1996 to 5 € / kg in 2005, with an historic minimum of 4 € / kg in 2002 (APROMAR, 2006). To maintain the profitability of gilthead sea bream farms, cutting production costs is n...
Related topics
Authors:
Abdelhamid Eid
Follow
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Nezam Abboud
17 de noviembre de 2009
DESIRE TO OBTAIN MORE DETAILS ABOUT THAT PRODUCT MENTIONED WHICH REPLACE OF FISHMEAL AND HOW COULD IT BE USED IN POULTRY FEEDS. REGARDS, NEZAM
serge corneillie
Alltech
19 de enero de 2012
Dear Dr. Abboud, In japan we can reduce the FM level to 20 % in red seabream using corn gluten and SBM when we add complex enzymes. we get same performance. see Hanini and Satoh Dr. Corneillie
Elsayed Mickdam
20 de marzo de 2012

Nice work i do replacement of fish meal by other by products but in tilapia and i got great results but i have one question did you make boiling test to test the taste of fish in each group????

Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister