In order to provide authors with more time to analyze and review their research for presentation, PSA has decided to extend the deadline for abstract submission from April 7, 2021 to the new deadline of May 4, 2021.
Please note that unlike in 2020, abstract presentations will be presented in either an oral or poster presentation format. See details below for what will be expected of presenters for each of these formats once their abstract has been accepted.
Abstract Details and Submission Site
2021 Oral Presentations
- All Oral presentations are required to provide a 12-minute pre-recorded presentation with visuals, such as PowerPoint slides.
- An accompanying poster WILL NOT be required this year for oral presentations.
- For students entering an oral presentation as part of the Student Competition, please see the Student Competition section below.
2021 Poster Presentations
- All Poster presenters are required to provide a PDF of their poster once their abstract has been accepted.
- Be online and available live during the Poster Reception on Monday evening (July 19, 2021) of the 2021 Virtual PSA Annual Meeting to chat with attendees about their poster.
- All presenters will be required to provide a photo and biography.
- PLEASE NOTE: A submission form will be sent to all presenters to upload a photo, biography, and the requirements for either oral or poster presentations AFTER abstracts have been accepted and authors have been notified.
Student Competition Participants
- Students are encouraged to enter the Award of Excellence Competition at the time they submit their abstract.
- The abstract can be entered as an Oral presentation or a Poster presentation.
- Students may submit up to three abstracts, but only one abstract can be included in the Student Competition.
- Oral Presentations: Just as listed above, oral presentations are to be a 12-minute pre-recorded presentation with visuals, such as PowerPoint slides. Each oral abstract in the student competition will be assigned to a section and each section will have an assigned presentation time (similar to an in-person meeting). Students are to be online at the time their section is presented to answer questions live. Each pre-recorded abstract presentation will be presented, followed by three minutes of live questions from the student competition judges to the student presenter.
- Poster Presentations: Just as listed above, poster presenters are to provide a PDF of their poster and be available online during the Poster Reception on Monday evening. Judges will view the poster and chat live with the student presenters during this time.
- Winners of the Student Competition will be announced on Thursday evening (July 22, 2021) of the 2021 Virtual PSA Annual Meeting.
Mentioned in this news release: